NRE Labs Community

Antidote Tooling May Need to be Compiled From Source

As part of my ongoing work to bring the Kata containers runtime to NRE Labs, I have been iterating on both the Antidote platform and the NRE Labs curriculum in tandem with each other. Normally I wouldn’t do this, but the two required tight coordination in this case.

Unfortunately this means that the latest stable Antidote tooling (0.6.2) may run into issues when validating the latest curriculum. I only expect there will be issues if you’re trying to do something that has changed since the last release, and afaik, lessons created with 0.6.2 are still compatible, so normal lesson creation stuff should be okay.

That said, if you run into issues here, you have a few options:

• Let me know in this thread, and maybe I can set up some nightly builds like I did when the antidote tooling was being beta tested
  • Or, you always have the option of compiling from source yourself using make in the antidote-core repository. You’ll need Go installed at a minimum (whatever is in the Dockerfile is what’s officially supported), and maybe a few other tools that should become obvious via error messages.

Sometime before the end of the year we’ll do another platform release which will bring stable releases back in sync and this won’t be necessary anymore.